How to deter mice and proof your property against mice
Worried about mice?
There are some practical steps you can take now to deter mice in the first place and prevent an infestation. For an existing problem right now, you can rely on Frontline Pest Management to get rid of mice safely and effectively.
Call us today on 3293 4475 for a quick solution to a mouse infestation.
How to get rid of mice
Once an infestation has been identified, the best and most effective way to get rid of mice is with professional treatment. Professional solutions can guarantee to quickly and safely remove mice from your home or business. Solutions can be tailored to each unique problem and can also offer effective deterrent methods to avoid a re-infestation. Professional mouse control will help to avoid:
• Disease – mice are well known to spread disease with the ability to contaminate food and water supplies for example, Salmonella, Leptospirosis or Hantavirus.
• Damage – they can cause considerable damage to property and pose a genuine fire risk with their habit of chewing on electrical cables and wiring.
Call Frontline Pest Management on 3293 4475 for a free quote and the most efficient methods to remove mice from your property. Act now if you have spotted signs of a mouse infestation.
Do you think you have mice?
Don’t waste time, book a treatment with one of our experts.
Signs of mice
Know what to look for.
Our plan of attack
– we will arrange an appointment at a time that suits you.
– our licensed technician will carry out an inspection, assess your problem and make recommendations for effective treatment.
– all treatments are safe for children and pets and offer minimum disruption to your home or business.
– in some cases follow-up treatments may be required in order to get the mouse population under control.
How to deter mice
The best way to prevent problems with mice in your home or business is to deny them access inside. If they do manage to gain entry indoors, it is important to discourage their presence by denying mice easy access to food and water. If you can deter mice you will also reduce the damage they can cause to your property and avoid the health risks associated with exposure to this rodent.
Call Frontline Pest Management on 3293 4475 to discuss expert mouse deterrent solutions.
Mouse proof your property
One way to prevent mice includes proofing your home against entry from mice. Seal gaps and holes under eaves, roof tiles and in external walls – mice have soft skeletons and can squeeze through the smallest of gaps.
How to deter mice from your home or business
• Food safety – food products are a prime target for mice. Store food in plastic or metal air tight containers – this includes cat and dog food and bird seed; and ensure that nothing edible is left out to attract mice. Regularly clean under stoves, refrigerators and cupboards. Avoid leaving pet food outside.
• Doors – fit bristle (or brush) strips to the bottom of doors to prevent entry.
• Pipework – seal holes around existing or new pipes with coarse grade stainless steel wire wool and caulking (pliable sealant).
• Holes – these are often made in exterior walls for cables and pipes; check that old pipework holes are sealed too. Any holes that are larger than 5mm will allow mice to gain access because their jaws can fit into tight spaces like these and quickly chew larger openings that allow them to enter a building.
• Weepholes – cover these with fine galvanised wire mesh, especially if they are damaged.
• Eaves – fix damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal gaps.
• Vegetation – trim tree branches back from the house and where possible avoid plants growing up the sides of your property. Vines, shrubs or over hanging branches can be used for mice to get onto the roof. Overgrown vegetation close to the walls will offer mice shelter and potential nesting sites.
• Lawns – Keep grass mown short to reduce shelter and seeds for food.